With one foot to the east and the other to the west, Istanbul is the perfect destination to admire a captivating mix of sights, sounds and colors.
Prepare to visit magnificent mosques, churches, fascinating museums and palaces of the sultans or take a dip in the waters of the Bosphorus to taste fresh fish overlooking the Black Sea.
Also, be ready to experience the metropolis of what Istanbul is today with its elegant art galleries, world-class restaurants and electrifying nightclubs, in a fascinating melting pot of a major 21st century city.
Even so, Istanbul is the city that was home to three empires, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman, and its unique blend of Christian and Islamic sites, where there are plenty of sites out of the crowd for those who really want to soak up the culture. local and away from tourists.
What to see and do in beautiful Istanbul and ancient Constantinople:
- Explore the maze of streets of the Grand Bazaar or admire the intoxicating scents of the Egyptian Spice Bazaar.
- Come and discover the subtle transformation of Hagia Sophia.
- Admire the masterpiece of Ottoman architect Sinan, the Süleymaniye (Suleiman) Mosque complex overlooking the Golden Horn and the Genoese Galata Tower with its panoramic views over the entire city.
- Explore the Eyup Mosque complex at the top of the Golden Horn, a walk through its ancient cemetery along the side of the hill rewarding you with wonderful views of the city at Pierre Loti cafe.
- The Modern Istanbul Museum is a must-see when exploring this city filled with vibrant energy.
- Visit Uskudar, a city within the city, bustling and alive, filled with Ottoman architecture, where you can do business at the bazaar.
- Stroll among the wooden Ottoman houses and the ambience of Arnavutkoy village.
- Enter the fortress of Rumeli Hisar with its breathtaking views of the Bosphorus.
- Enjoy fresh seafood and end with a lovely walk to Anadolu Kavagi at the mouth of the Black Sea.
- Visit Istanbul's oldest market Kadikoy çarsi which is located on the Asian side of the city.
- Discover Turkish cuisine by taking a culinary tour in Istanbul.
- Go on a “blue ride” on the Bosphorus in Istanbul and visit more neighborhoods than you could by land.
- Rent a boat in Istanbul to watch the beautiful sunset over the Bosphorus or take a swim in the waters of the Bosphorus.
- Visit the treasures of the Ottoman Empire in the majestic Topkapi Palace.
- Come and admire the extraordinary jellyfish heads from the Roman period in the basilica cistern.
- Take part in one of Istanbul's legendary evenings by the Bosphorus at Ruby's.
- Listen to gypsy music while tasting Turkish mezes in Kumkapi.
- Rent a classic car or a limousine to visit Istanbul in a different way.
- Watch a spiritual performance of the Whirling Dervishes in Galata.
- Discover the immensity of Istanbul 360 ° from the top of the Galata Tower.
- Drink some good Turkish wine at the top of a roof top at Istiklal Street.
- Fill your suitcases with textile purchases: ready-to-wear, haute couture, leather goods house while shopping in the chic district of Nisantasi.
|Currency used||Liras Turques|