3 nights weekend Istanbul Tour
There's nothing more exotic than a 3 nights weekend Istanbul tour! The magnificent row of minarets, the hundreds of domes, the crowd everywhere is so dense. Come and discover the capital of the three empires, a historic bridge between East and West. Istanbul is located between two continents (Asia and Europe), it is a city steeped in history. There are remains and monuments of different cultures in the same place. This makes Istanbul a unique city in the world. Constantinople until 1930, then Istanbul has 17 million inhabitants and can be visited in a weekend.
Day 1 - Arrival
- Reception at Istanbul airport
- Transfer and check in the hotel
Day 2: Classic Istanbul
- Visit of the Blue Mosque, the only one to have six minarets, the walls of which are lined with İznik earthenware tiles with a blue background.
- It is famous for its elegant cascade of domes.
- Discovery of the Roman Hippodrome, a race track in Antiquity, this place was the scene of all the great social and political events of Byzantine history.
- Visit of Hagia Sophia. This majestic building, built in the 6th century, is a jewel of Byzantine architecture with its immense dome encircled by 107 columns from Ephesus and Egypt.
- Visit the Topkapi Palace, former residence of the Ottoman sultans, built on the site of the ancient acropolis of Byzantium by Mehmet the Conqueror, from 1478. The palace is famous for its collection of jewelry and its hall of relics. There is a beautiful view of Istanbul from its gardens.
- Lunch during the visit.
- The end of the afternoon will be devoted to the Grand Bazaar. This covered market, the largest in the world, dates back to the 15th century, when traders gathered by specialties. This veritable trading city is accessed through 22 doors and there are more than 4,000 shops that exude all the charms of the Orient.
- Return to the hotel at the end of the day.
Day 3: The Golden Horn and the Bosphorus
- After your breakfast, you will visit the Golden Horn district and the Mosque and Mausoleum of Eyup and Pierre Loti's café. You will discover the Suleiman the Magnificent Mosque, named after the great Ottoman Sultan.
- Afterwards, you will have the privilege of attending a fashion show in a specialized leather center.
- After lunch, you will explore the Spice Market to immerse yourself in a world of scents, colors and flavors of spices. The carefully crafted stalls offer you a magnificent spectacle of color gradients, harmoniously presented to the delight of the senses.
- A beautiful afternoon cannot take place without a nice boat trip on the Bosphorus, you will see the silhouette of Istanbul parading with its palaces, its typical wooden houses, the famous “YALI” which line its banks. If Istanbul exists, it is certainly thanks to the Bosphorus, this natural passage, the point of intersection of seas and continents.
- At the end of the day, you will visit the Taksim district and the famous Istiklal street. Here begins the Istanbul of the 20th century. The square is a vast esplanade, where stands the monument to those killed in the independence war (1919 - 1922), and major international hotels.
Day 4: Transfer to the airport
- English-speaking private guide
- Use of different public transport to soak up local life and avoid traffic 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Hiking to soak up the local life
- Guaranteed departure from 2 people
- For those who have limited, ideal formula to see Istanbul in 3 days
- Service of the same guide, competent and experienced of Voyages Turkey, during the 3 excursions
- No waiting in the queues
- Payment on the spot
- The order of the visits can be changed