Antalya Myra Kekova Tour
This Antalya Myra Kekova tour will allow the traveler to step back in time and follow in the footsteps of the Lycian Way, ranked among the ten most beautiful hikes in the world!
When: 2 days a week
Location: pick up from your hotel in Antalya
Itinerary of Antalya Myra Kekova excursion:
- Departure from the hotel after breakfast
- Road to Demre with a short stop. Arrival in Myra, visit of the Lycian Myra site with its theater and famous rock tombs
- Visit to the Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas which dates back to the 8th century
- Boat trip to Kekova where you can jump into the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean. Your boat will take you to explore Simena, located in one of the most beautiful places on the Turkish coast. It is a small village with remains, partly submerged, where the name of the submerged site comes from.
- At the end of the afternoon return to the hotel
The Lycians, nicknamed “People of the Sea”, are the first to have inhabited the area and bequeathed to the region between Fethiye and Antalya its cultural appeal.
This circuit therefore invites you to marvel for a day, enjoying the historical riches of the ruins of Myra, the church of Saint Nicholas, while finishing the journey in a serene and rested way in the island of Kekova, with unparalleled natural landscape.
Myra, an ancient Lycian city and capital of the Byzantine Eparchy, will amaze you with its large necropolis, built on the side of a cliff.
Its amphitheater, the largest in Lycia, is remarkably well preserved. The Church of Saint-Nicolas, for its part, claims to house the tomb of Santa Claus! Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra was known for his kindness. He paid the dowries of parents who could not afford to marry their daughters, which earned him the title of benefactor to unmarried wives and women but also to children, whom he covered with gifts. Finally, the island of Kekova, with its lush vegetation, is home to Lycian tombs by the water. An experience that combines nature and cultural enrichment.
Antalya Myra Kekova Price
- 50 € per person
- Child: (00–06) free :)
- Private English speaking guide
- Transport included
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- For those who have limited time it is an ideal formula to see the surroundings of Antalya
- No waiting in the queues
- Payment on the spot
- Entrance tickets to program sites included