A day of guided discovery of the Asian side in Istanbul! Kadikoy is one of the very lively districts of the Asian side, as much for locals as for travelers. It's a subtle mix of dynamic and creative youth, shops of all kinds, passionate tattoo artists, themed bars and restaurants. In Kadiköy it is not uncommon for cultural and protest events to start from the famous place of the bronze bull. Its typical open-air market, active every day of the week, makes it a place of massive attraction.
Kadiköy is a district where there is a lot to see and to do. The boats at the docks alone make it an attraction. Feed the seagulls, visit the 1900 Haydarpasa train station, a trip back in time frozen in a souvenir photo, drink tea or enjoy Turkish ice cream in Moda by the Sea of Marmara. Kadiköy is a must-see place to discover, if you have the time and the inclination to share the rhythm of Istanbul's life with a local inhabitant, this is where it happens!
Departure for the excursion: Every day
Locations: Beylerbeyi, Camlica, Bostanci, Boulevard de Bagdat, Kadikoy
- Departure from the hotel to explore the Asian side of Istanbul; we cross the Bosphorus by boat to Kadikoy (daily transport for Istanbul residents). We observe the former Greek colony which became an Ottoman quarter from 1353 and known for its importance in maritime transport.
- Kadikoy which is undoubtedly is one of the most modern parts of the Istanbul agglomeration, preserves beautiful small buildings of the XIXth century, with pedestrian streets surrounding small churches and a very colorful fish market, the whole reminiscent of provincial towns!
- Then we visit the Moda district, a step back in time by taking a short ride on the nostalgic Moda Tramway.
- In the afternoon we will stroll along the famous Bağdat Street and discover its many trendy cafes and restaurants and its Göztepe park (its a rose garden with hundreds of species of flowers).
- We end our Istanbul Asia excursion by the Uskudar district. It is a district which does not resemble other districts of the city. It truly forms a city with its imperial mosques (Mihrimah and Valide), its market (Uskudar çarsisi), it is an active and popular center and a cosmopolitan residential districts (rich and poor). It is one of Istanbul's must-see neighborhoods!
- At the end of the afternoon, after a day full of emotions with Istanbul Asian side excursion, we return to the hotel.
The price :
65 € per person.
Child: (00–06) free!
- Competent and exclusive private English-speaking guide
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- More authentic and off the beaten track experience
- Stralling to soak up the local life
- Guaranteed departure from 2 people
- Ideal formula to discover the Asian side for those who have limited time
- Child: (00–06) free
- Payment on the spot
Not included :
- Entrance tickets to scheduled sites - our guide will help you buy skip-the-line tickets (no waiting in line)
- Voyages Turkey recommends the Istanbul Museum Pass
To book : Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call, send a message to +905532623024 (WhatsApp)