Cappadocia Red Tour
Cappadocia Red Tour is an intraregional tour that introduces the central and northern region of Cappadocia, including Uchisar, Goreme Open Museum, Avanos, Cavusin, Pasabag, Devrent Valley, and more!
What are the main stops in the Red Tour?
- You will be picked up from your hotel around 09:00-30 AM.
- The first stop will be Uchisar Castle, the highest rock formation in the region.
- Goreme Open Air Museum, which is in the list of the UNESCO World Heritage List, you can explore many cave monasteries with frescoes, caves and historical living enviroments. Your entry fee will be covered and lunch will be offered.
- The next stop will be Cavusin village, abandoned during the exchange of the Greek/Turkish population in 1924.
- Enjoy Avanos while visiting a family-run pottery workshoplocated in an underground cave. The pottery continues as an art form from 1700BC to today. You will learn from a master potter demonstrating how to make a pot, and watch the glazers applied to their elegant desingn. Take a turn at the potter’s wheel yourself and make your own unique pot.
- In Pasabagi (also known as Monks Valley because of the Chapel of Saint Simeon) wander through the Fairy Chimneys (famous mushroom-shaped rock formations).
- Devrent Valley (also known as Imagination Valley) - a special valley where you can spot natural rock formations in many shapes, including the famous camel-shaped rock.
- You will return to your hotel about 18:00 PM.
What is in the Red Tour?
- You will be given English speaking tour guide
- If you take a group tour, you will be given special French and Russian to your preference
- Our new model modern mini buses are air-conditioned and limited to max 18 seated
- All entrance tickets will be covered
- Free lunch is available