Cappadocia Wine Tasting Tour
The Cappadocia Wine Tasting Tour is led by the writer of the book ‘Cappadocian Wines’ who also is a Professional tourist guide and sommelier.
Cappadocia Wine Tasting Tour - About our guide – Wine tasting certificates and diplomas
Our guide in the Cappadocia Wine Tasting Tour bear following diplomas and certificates about wine:
- AIS (Association of Italian Sommeliers) Golden Diploma
- WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) Advanced Certificate
- Plumpton College – Brighton / England – Certificate of Viticulture
Cappadocia Wine Tasting Tour – Turkish Wine and history in Cappadocia
Cappadocia is one of the oldest regions in the world for the history of wine making. Wines produced 4000 years ago near Avanos were carried to Hattusas, the capital of Hittite Kingdom through the Red River. In our tours the historical treasures of Cappadocia are discovered with the theme of the culture and history of wine. UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as Goreme, Kaymakli Underground Settlement, Zelve Open Air Museum and Fairy Chimneys with special emphasis on food and wine.
Turkish Wine Tasting Tour in Cappadocia – General information
- Full day tour
- Tour duration: 7-8 hours
- Inclusions: All wine tastings, specialized guiding service, local lunch with drinks included, all transportation, entrance fees.
Turkish Wine Tasting Tour in Cappadocia – Tour program and route
- The Cappadocia Wine Tasting Tour day begins with the beautiful rock carved churches in Goreme Valley. We visit Goreme Open Air Museum with churches carved in volcanic tuff of Cappadocia like St. Basil Church, Church with Apple, St. Barbara Church, Dark Church.
- We then proceed to the mountains of Urgup to explore century old vines of Cappadocia. Then we proceed to Turasan winery near Urgup. Turasan is the oldest wine producer in Cappadocia established 1943. The company now run by Hasan Turasan of the 3rd generation has put it’s seal on great successes since 2008. Their wines have been awarded with gold medals in Turkey and 3 of them have received silver medals in World Competition of Wine organized in Brussels for the first time in the history of wine making in Turkey.
- Lunch will be taken in a small family restaurant where local food will be accompanied by Turasan wines.
- Zelve Outdoor Museum will be another site to visit during our tour.
- In the afternoon we visit the old Greek Village of Sinasos presently known as Mustafapasha where we can see great examples of stone workmanship on the façades of houses built in 19th century.
- We then proceed to the underground city of Kaymakli where we finish our day.