Culinary Tour in Istanbul
A Culinary Tour in Istanbul through a walking and public transportation tour (boat / metro / bus ...). As lovers of our city, our traditions and our Culinary Tour in Istanbul specialties, it is natural for us to share these nuggets with visitors curious to discover Turkish cuisine. Turkish gastronomy is one of the richest in the world. It is colorful, imbued with indelible traces of the mix of Turkish, Greek, Armenian, Jewish, Arab, Russian, Kurdish, Caucasian peoples. Asian, oriental and Mediterranean flavors make Turkish cuisine unique and varied.
Istanbul as the gastronomic center of Turkey
We invite you to come and discover with us for a day all these specialties so tasty and somewhat surprising for some. Turkish cuisine is above all based on the freshness of the products, respecting the natural, tasty and varied flavors of the food. During your Culinary Tour in Istanbul, you will have the opportunity to taste a little of everything. Have you ever eaten kokoreç, lahmacun, pide, manti? Lots of new names for a whole day dedicated to tasting, while strolling in Europe and Asia to discover areas off the beaten track. We will taste together some funny specialties accompanied by crisp anecdotes and ancestral stories. To get to know people better, you have to go through its Culinary Tour in Istanbul specialties which tell us a lot about its origins!
Program of the Culinary Tour in Istanbul
- Departure from your hotel at 9:00 am (on an empty stomach) for a Culinary Tour in Istanbul
- Boat crossing to the Asian side (meeting with our friends the seagulls, which we will feed with simit (traditional bun covered with sesame)
- Discovery of a typical local market in Kadikoy, with a lively and joyful atmosphere, where we will taste local products (cheese, olives, sausages, honey...)
- Visit of the old Haydarpaşa train station
- Return to the European shore by boat
- Discovery of the Besiktaş and Ortakoy districts
- Funny tasting of Turkish ice cream (maraş) with a national reputation
- Sip Turkish coffee with some sweet specialties tasting
- Return to your hotel at 5 p.m. (full stomach)
- Optional for the evening: fish meal and a panel of cold and hot mezes in a district with gypsy music and a very festive atmosphere
Some drinks that we will taste among others, on our way: Turkish tea, Turkish coffee, ayran, turşu All tours to Turkey invites you to stroll through the districts of Asia and Europe. Come and listen to their history, feel their very special atmosphere while tasting Culinary Tour in Istanbul specialties of all kinds (salty, sweet, with atypical and varied tastes), all that in good humor and sympathy, sharing and curiosity.
The strong points of the Culinary Tour in Istanbul
Guaranteed departure from 2 people English-speaking guide Discover everyday life in Istanbul on foot Payment on the spot The order of the visits can be changed