Dalyan – Caunos Tour
Day Trip to Ancient Lycian Site of Dalyan and Caunos (UNESCO World Heritage) - Dalyan Caunos Tour
Dalyan is a small fishing town located on the Mediterranean coast and protected from crowds. Its ideal geographical location places it in the midst of wild and dazzling nature, surrounded by hills and citrus fields.
This excursion is perfect for travelers wishing to combine gastronomy, culture, nature, beauty and zoology in one and the same day!
When: 2 days a week
Location: departure from your hotel
- Departure from the hotel after breakfast
- Arrival in Dalyan. The day will begin with a mud bath with relaxing properties
- Boarding by small boats of about twenty people heading for the natural canal, connecting Lake Koycegiz to the Mediterranean Sea
- Buffet-style lunch in a restaurant on the canal
- Return of the boat to the sea. Along the way, observation of the rock tombs of Caunos. At the mouth of the canal is the famous Iztuzu beach where the Caretta Caretta sea turtles come to lay their eggs. It is a natural site under protection
- Free time for a swimming break
- Return to Dalyan, then to the hotel
Many succulent restaurants welcome the locals, facing an incredible panorama of the archaeological site of Caunos, composed of Lycian tombs built into the side of a cliff - Excursion Dalyan Caunos
This circuit will also allow you to restore your beauty and benefit from all the therapeutic virtues of mud baths. After drying the mud in the sun, a rinse in the Sultanye Hot Springs will allow you to rejuvenate for at least a few years!
In addition, you will have the opportunity to swim within the actual breeding grounds of the Caretta Caretta turtles. These sea turtles, which can weigh up to 180 kg and measure up to 1 meter, lay their eggs on the sand of Iztuzu Beach.