Dalyan from Bodrum
The visit of the Dalyan site from Bodrum. This Bodrum Dalyan tour will take you to one of Turkey's most beautiful natural sites i.e. Dalyan and Kaunos. We will leave by boat for the day to discover the world of turtles, the tombs of kings, the mud baths and the ruins of Kaunos.
The history of Kaunos
Kaunos was an ancient port of decay in the Greek period, enclosed between two mountains. It is now completely silted up, accessible by boat or by road. It was a port that thrived around the salt trade, slave trade and the sale of fish. Discovery of the ancient city with its theater and its temple in a setting by the sea, a breathtaking fantastic landscape! Then we take the boat again to dive into a pool of natural hot water, and finally into the mud for a peach skin. Let yourself dry in the sun, once cracked everywhere, take a good shower!
The beach of Iztuzu, the mud baths and the turtles of Caretta Caretta
In the region, it is believed that this mud is a medicine against several joint problems (osteoarthritis, fractures, rheumatism) and that it strengthens the nervous system. A unique moment in a magical setting. We continue to Iztuzu beach which is a protected nesting site for Caretta Caretta turtles, which can measure up to 1.45m and weigh 170kg. It is a very rare and protected species. Iztuzu Beach was voted the best beach in Turkey and the fifth best beach in Europe. There is no other beach that has fresh water on one side and sea water on the other side (Mediterranean).
This beach, which is a natural wonder, stretches for 5400 meters in length and has very fine white sand. We end our day with free time on Iztuzu beach to enjoy the sea.
Dalyan from Bodrum
- When: 2 days a week
- Location: Pick up from your hotel in Bodrum
- Duration: A whole day with meal
Bodrum Dalyan excursion program
- Early departure from the hotel.
- Crossing the mountain range, and descent to Lake Koycegiz
- Arrival in Dalyan and visit of a thermal center with mud baths
- Boarding a boat typical of the region and sailing through the Koycegiz natural canal, connecting the lake to the sea
- Meal in a restaurant on the river
- Continue to Iztuzu beach where the Caretta Caretta sea turtles come to lay their eggs. This is why the beach and the area is under protection.
- Free time for a swim or a walk
- Return by boat to Dalyan
- Return by bus to your hotel in Bodrum
- 60 € per person
- Child: (00–06) free :)
- Private English speaking guide
- Transfer and transport included
- Lunch included in a restaurant near the river
- Mud bath included
- Boat tour included
- Payment on the spot