Thrace Wine Tour
Our Thrace Wine Tour are run by professional tourist guides who also are wine experts who bear following diplomas and certificates:
Thrace Wine which extends on territories of Turkey, Greece and Bulgaria is also birthplace of Dionysos, God of Wine according to Greek Mythology. Therefore the Thrace region is extremely rich for historical testimonies and evidences which remind this heritage as well as the ongoing wine production for thousands of years. In our Thrace Wine Tour we explore Turkish Wine, not only wineries but also historical sites with our experienced guides who also are wine experts.
Thrace Wine Tour - About our guide – Wine tasting certificates and diplomas
Our guide in the Thrace Wine Tour bear following diplomas and certificates about wine:
- AIS (Association of Italian Sommeliers) Golden Diploma
- WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) Advanced Certificate
- Plumpton College – Brighton / England – Certificate of Viticulture
Thrace Wine Tour – General information
- Full day tour
- Approximate duration: 12 hours
- Inclusions: Transportation, cultural guiding service, lunch, tastings, entrance fees.
Thrace Wine Tour - Route
- Distance to Edirne: 230 km
- Drive to Edirne, (ancient Hadrianapolis) the western most city of Turkey at Greek and Bulgarian border, first Ottoman Capital city in Europe, Selimiye Mosque and it’s historical comples (UNESCO World Heritage), Ancient Jewish quarters and the biggest ancient Synagogue in Turkey, Sifahane; ancient Ottoman Hospital where the patients were cured with water and music.
- Two wineries to visit, one in Edirne, the other one in Luleburgaz (Ancient Arcadiapolis)