Wine Tasting in Istanbul Turkey
Our Wine Tasting in Istanbul Turkey are run by professional tourist guides who also are wine experts who bear diplomas and certificates. Turkish Wine which extends on territories of Turkey, Greece and Bulgaria is also birthplace of Dionysos, God of Wine according to Greek Mythology. Therefore the Istanbul region is extremely rich for historical testimonies and evidences which remind this heritage as well as the ongoing wine production for thousands of years. In our Wine Tasting in Istanbul Turkey we explore Turkish Wine, not only wineries but also historical sites with our experienced guides who also are wine experts. Wine Tasting in Istanbul Turkey - About our guide - Wine tasting certificates and diplomas Our guide in the Wine Tasting in Istanbul Turkey bear following diplomas and certificates about wine:
- AIS (Association of Italian Sommeliers) Golden Diploma
- WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) Advanced Certificate
- Plumpton College – Brighton / England – Certificate of Viticulture
Wine Tasting in Istanbul Turkey - Tour - General Information
- Half Day Tour
- Approximate duration: 7 hours
- Inclusions: Transportation services, guiding service, entrance fees, tastings, lunch
Wine Tasting in Istanbul Turkey - Route
- Turkish Wine tastes From Asia to Europe
- Short boat trip across Bosphorus to Kadikoy neighborhood on Asian side, ancient Khalkedon with 2,700 years of history, an ancient Megaran Colony founded prior to Byzantion.
- Exploration of one of most local markets of Istanbul. Taste several delicacies and explore historical treasures of Kadikoy.
- Back to Europe. Continue to Beyoglu or ancient Pera, stop for a wine tasting, explore Cicek Pasaji (Flower Market) known for it’s taverns, explore historical monuments of Istiklal Street.